Microsoft Surface tablet available online for Rs 38,840
Microsoft is hoping the Surface will challenge the dominance of Apple's iPad, which has 70 pc of the tablet market.
New Delhi: Microsoft Surface tablet, which was launched on Friday in the US, is available on Tradus.com for Rs 38,840. However, Microsoft has not yet officially launched the tablet in India.
The Microsoft Surface Tab runs Windows RT, and has a a 10.6-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen. It uses Microsoft's ClearType HD display technology. The tablet has an internal memory of 32 GB.Its memory can be expanded up to 64 GB. It also features front and rear cameras.
The Microsoft Surface line features VaporMg- the molded magnesium casing that houses Surface's components paired with a PVD finish. It weighs around 680g. It also includes a USB port, a micro SDXC slot, and a magnetic strip to attach accessories.
The company is hoping the Surface - along with Windows tablets from other hardware makers - will challenge the dominance of Apple's iPad, which has 70 percent of the tablet market after essentially inventing the category in 2010.
Based on a Nvidia Corp chip designed by ARM Holdings, the Surface will run a simplified version of Windows 8 that is not compatible with old Microsoft applications.
However, the tablet features new app-style versions of Office mainstays such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and will include Xbox games, video and music apps.
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Heavy traffic jams reported in Delhi on Dhanteras
- Gold prices soar by Rs 840 in biggest single-day gain in 2014
- Snapshot: Arjun Rampal's daughter Mahikaa is all grown up now!
- Gold tumbles on reduced offtake, weak global cues
- Gold snaps 5-day losing streak, gains Rs 300 on global cues