Microsoft talking to HTC about adding Windows option on Android phones
Microsoft is reportedly in talks with HTC for versions of HTC's phones that would include both Android and Windows operating systems.
New Delhi: Bloomberg reports that Microsoft is in talks with HTC, the first company to make both Android and Windows phones, for versions of HTC's phones that would include both Android and Windows Phone operating systems.
The report also states that Microsoft is considering cutting or eliminating the license fee that it charges for Windows Phone to make the idea more attractive to HTC.
It is still not clear if and when the phones hit the market, will they simultaneously run both the operating systems or whether users would have to opt for one over the other as the default.
Nokia, that Microsoft is buying, appears to be the sole warrior for the Windows Phone cause. Other Windows Phone manufacturers such as HTC and Samsung do not appear to have Windows Phone devices high on their priority list.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest