'Midnight's Children' to premiere at Kerala film fest
The film has received wide acclaim at the Telluride Film Festival and Toronto International film festivals.
Mumbai: Deepa Mehta's 'Midnight's Children' is set to be premiered at International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) Dec 10. The film is an adaptation of Salman Rushdie's novel of the same name and features Satya Bhabha, Siddharth, Ronit Roy, Rahul Bose, Anupam Kher, Darsheel Safary, Soha Ali Khan and Shabana Azmi.
"Salman Rushdie has often said that his novel is his love letter to India. I hope my film reflects that sentiment. In its essence the movie is about the search for a home, an identity and a family. A quest that is universal and familiar to us all," Mehta said in a statement.
"We are thrilled that 'Midnight's Children' screening is going to be at the International Film Festival of Kerala. A festival known for its love of cinema and lack of political bias," she added.
The film has received wide acclaim at the Telluride Film Festival and Toronto International film festivals. It is being distributed in India by PVR Pictures and is slated for an early 2013.
"Being invited to the premiere at IFFK is a big honour. Deepa is an exceptionally brave filmmaker and 'Midnight's Children' is a very special gem from her. We are absolutely delighted to be distributing the film in India," said Kamal Gianchandani, president, PVR Pictures.
International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) will be held Dec 7-14 in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta