Milind Deora's Twitter account 'suspended'?
Deora told CNN-IBN his account has gone for verification. Normally, verification doesn't lead to suspension.
New Delhi: Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology, Milind Deora's Twitter account was not functioning on Friday. The users who clicked on his handle (@milinddeora) saw a message "account suspended: The profile you are trying to view has been suspended."
But Deora told CNN-IBN his account has gone for verification, adding that normally verification doesn't lead to a temporary suspension.
The word spread like wildfire on Twitter. Trinamool Congress leader Derek O'Brien (@quizderek) assured curious users that there is no controversy in the latest development which comes on the heel of the government ordering Internet service providers to block about 20 accounts that officials said had spread scare-mongering material that threatened national security.
"No controversy... Milind Deora's #twitter account has been sent for 'verification'...should be up again soon I hear," O'Brien said.
Deora's last tweet before his account was suspended was "Ironically, let me clarify on Twitter that there is absolutely no intent of the government to curb freedom of social media platforms."
Recommended For You
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands