Militant shot dead amid ceasefire violation by Pak
Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire and fired at the forward Indian post to give cover fire to the infiltrating militant.
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Tuesday violated ceasefire to provide cover fire to an infiltrating militant who was gunned down in a fierce gunbattle with security forces along the Line of Control in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir. "At around 1345 hours, troops guarding the borderline observed suspicious movements at Keri sector in Rajouri," PRO Defence SN Acharya said.
Immediately the entire area was cordoned off by the troops as the terrorist fired indiscriminately at the Indian post, he said. Fifteen minutes later, Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire and fired at the forward Indian post to give cover fire to the infiltrating militant, the PRO said.
"Our troops responded to the Pakistani fire. There was no casualty on our side," Acharya said. At around 1500 hours, contact was established with the militant who opened fire and in the ensuing gunfight with the troops, he was killed, the PRO said.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Here's How Kareena Kapoor Khan Is Shedding Her Post-Pregnancy Weight
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Spider Man Home Coming Trailer Has a Lot of Iron Man in It
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?