Militant shot dead amid ceasefire violation by Pak
Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire and fired at the forward Indian post to give cover fire to the infiltrating militant.
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Tuesday violated ceasefire to provide cover fire to an infiltrating militant who was gunned down in a fierce gunbattle with security forces along the Line of Control in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir. "At around 1345 hours, troops guarding the borderline observed suspicious movements at Keri sector in Rajouri," PRO Defence SN Acharya said.
Immediately the entire area was cordoned off by the troops as the terrorist fired indiscriminately at the Indian post, he said. Fifteen minutes later, Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire and fired at the forward Indian post to give cover fire to the infiltrating militant, the PRO said.
"Our troops responded to the Pakistani fire. There was no casualty on our side," Acharya said. At around 1500 hours, contact was established with the militant who opened fire and in the ensuing gunfight with the troops, he was killed, the PRO said.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right