Militants attack Civil Secretariat in Kashmir | Watch
Grenade exploded causing injuries to the head constable and an ice-cream vendor.
Srinagar: A hand grenade attack on the civil secretariat, seat of the Jammu and Kashmir government, on Saturday left one Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) head constable and a civilian wounded.
Official sources said militants hurled a hand grenade towards D-company, the 23rd battalion of the CRPF, guarding the Secretariat from the rare side.
It exploded on the roadside causing injuries to the head constable and an ice-cream vendor.
A CRPF spokesperson confirmed that the grenade exploded near the rare gate of the secretariat.
The Secretariat remains closed on Saturday. No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the blast.
This was the first such attack on the seat of the government after 'darbar move' offices reopened last month.
However, last month, a similar attack was carried out by the militants half a kilometer away from the Secretariat. The grenade did not explode and was later defused.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology