Militants attack Civil Secretariat in Kashmir | Watch
Grenade exploded causing injuries to the head constable and an ice-cream vendor.
Srinagar: A hand grenade attack on the civil secretariat, seat of the Jammu and Kashmir government, on Saturday left one Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) head constable and a civilian wounded.
Official sources said militants hurled a hand grenade towards D-company, the 23rd battalion of the CRPF, guarding the Secretariat from the rare side.
It exploded on the roadside causing injuries to the head constable and an ice-cream vendor.
A CRPF spokesperson confirmed that the grenade exploded near the rare gate of the secretariat.
The Secretariat remains closed on Saturday. No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the blast.
This was the first such attack on the seat of the government after 'darbar move' offices reopened last month.
However, last month, a similar attack was carried out by the militants half a kilometer away from the Secretariat. The grenade did not explode and was later defused.
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Who Stands With Whom in Samajwadi Party Pariwar
- How Shivpal's Removal From Cabinet by Akhilesh Shocked the Mulayam Camp
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous