Militants hurl bomb at an educational institution in Manipur
Sources say that the police posts have been asked to step up patrolling in the area.
Imphal: Some unidentified militants hurled a powerful grenade at the premises of an educational institute in the Imphal West district of Manipur which failed to explode, official sources said on wednesday.
The militants had lobbed the grenade at the complex of Little Master English School in interior Samurou village at around 9.30 pm on Tuesday. Sources say that the police defused the grenade and added that this was the second time that militants had hurled the grenade at the school after May last month.
Earlier, after the May incident, school authorities had appealed to the people not to disturb the academic atmosphere in the school complex.
According to sources, police posts particularly in the valley districts of Imphal east, Imphal west, Bishenpur and Thoubal, have been frequently put on alert because of hurling of grenades and bombs at many places.
Police posts have also been asked to step up patrolling and checking of passers-by to intercept the movement of the armed ultras within their jurisdiction, sources said.
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Idea Cellular Now Provides 1,865 Ports to Reliance Jio
- Talking Point: Can Rahul Rebuild Cong's Vote Base In UP With Soft Hindutva?
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18