Militants hurl bomb at an educational institution in Manipur
Sources say that the police posts have been asked to step up patrolling in the area.
Imphal: Some unidentified militants hurled a powerful grenade at the premises of an educational institute in the Imphal West district of Manipur which failed to explode, official sources said on wednesday.
The militants had lobbed the grenade at the complex of Little Master English School in interior Samurou village at around 9.30 pm on Tuesday. Sources say that the police defused the grenade and added that this was the second time that militants had hurled the grenade at the school after May last month.
Earlier, after the May incident, school authorities had appealed to the people not to disturb the academic atmosphere in the school complex.
According to sources, police posts particularly in the valley districts of Imphal east, Imphal west, Bishenpur and Thoubal, have been frequently put on alert because of hurling of grenades and bombs at many places.
Police posts have also been asked to step up patrolling and checking of passers-by to intercept the movement of the armed ultras within their jurisdiction, sources said.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology