Military options remain open in Syria crisis, says Obama
Obama said there was evidence of chemical weapons use in Syria but it is important to get "more specific information" to confirm that before deciding how to respond.
Washington: President Barack Obama said on Thursday he reserves the right to resort to a range of both diplomatic and military options if he receives conclusive proof that the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had used chemical weapons in the country's civil war.
Obama, at a joint news conference with Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan, said there was evidence of chemical weapons use in Syria but that it is important to get "more specific information" to confirm that before deciding how to respond.
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18