Millman, Barty handed French Open wild cards
Australians John Millman and Ashleigh Barty have been awarded wild card entries for the French Open starting May 26.
Melbourne: Australians John Millman and Ash Barty have been awarded wild card entries for the French Open starting May 26.
Millman, who has improved 58 places this year to be ranked No. 141, qualified for the main draw at the recent ATP event in Munich and also reached the second round of the Brisbane International as a qualifier. He has won two challenger titles in 2013.
Tennis Australia on Tuesday said the 17-year-old Barty's win over top-60 player Stefanie Voegele in her Fed Cup singles debut for Australia and a win over former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone were factors in granting her a wild card.
The wildcards are part of a reciprocal arrangement between Tennis Australia and the French Tennis Federation for their respective Grand Slam events.
- SP Leader Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- SP Meet Turns into Family Drama, Akhilesh & Shivpal Spar In Public
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole
- Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg Feeling the Pressure, Says Toto Wolff