Millman, Barty handed French Open wild cards
Australians John Millman and Ashleigh Barty have been awarded wild card entries for the French Open starting May 26.
Melbourne: Australians John Millman and Ash Barty have been awarded wild card entries for the French Open starting May 26.
Millman, who has improved 58 places this year to be ranked No. 141, qualified for the main draw at the recent ATP event in Munich and also reached the second round of the Brisbane International as a qualifier. He has won two challenger titles in 2013.
Tennis Australia on Tuesday said the 17-year-old Barty's win over top-60 player Stefanie Voegele in her Fed Cup singles debut for Australia and a win over former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone were factors in granting her a wild card.
The wildcards are part of a reciprocal arrangement between Tennis Australia and the French Tennis Federation for their respective Grand Slam events.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK