DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Milos Raonic lifts Canada by Italy, into Davis Cup semis
Milos Raonic defeated Andreas Seppi 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 to give Canada an insurmountable 3-1 lead over Italy in their Davis Cup quarter-final.
Vancouver: Milos Raonic defeated Andreas Seppi 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 on Sunday to give Canada an insurmountable 3-1 lead over Italy in their Davis Cup quarter-final on Sunday.
The Canadians advanced to a September semi-final against Serbia, which defeated the United States on Sunday.
Canada has never been in the world group semi-finals since the current Davis Cup format began in 1981. Canada did reach a semi-final in 1913, losing to the U.S.
Canada took a 2-1 lead when Daniel Nestor and Vasek Pospisil teamed up for a five-set decision over Fabio Fognini and Daniele Braccaili on Saturday.
It was Raonic's second win of the weekend, having opened the series with a singles victory over Fognini.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar