Milos Raonic lifts Canada by Italy, into Davis Cup semis
Milos Raonic defeated Andreas Seppi 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 to give Canada an insurmountable 3-1 lead over Italy in their Davis Cup quarter-final.
Vancouver: Milos Raonic defeated Andreas Seppi 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 on Sunday to give Canada an insurmountable 3-1 lead over Italy in their Davis Cup quarter-final on Sunday.
The Canadians advanced to a September semi-final against Serbia, which defeated the United States on Sunday.
Canada has never been in the world group semi-finals since the current Davis Cup format began in 1981. Canada did reach a semi-final in 1913, losing to the U.S.
Canada took a 2-1 lead when Daniel Nestor and Vasek Pospisil teamed up for a five-set decision over Fabio Fognini and Daniele Braccaili on Saturday.
It was Raonic's second win of the weekend, having opened the series with a singles victory over Fognini.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right