MIM man to be the next Mayor of Hyderabad
HYDERABAD: Banda Karthika Reddy's hopes of remaining as mayor for another year have been dashed. After December 3, it will be an M..
HYDERABAD: Banda Karthika Reddy's hopes of remaining as mayor for another year have been dashed. After December 3, it will be an MIM man who will be the next mayor of Hyderabad.
Chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy gave a categorical assurance to a delegation of MIM legislators led by Akbaruddin Owaisi on Tuesday that the Congress would keep its promise of allowing the MIM to have its candidate as mayor for the next two years. "We will abide by the agreement between the two parties reached in 2009. There is no question of going back on it," he assured them. The chief minister had already conveyed to Karthika Reddy through his emissaries that she should be prepared to demit office by December 4. He also told Akbaruddin that the MIM could get into preparations for installing its candidate as the mayor as Karithaka Reddy is likely to demit office on December 3.
The names of deputy mayor Jaffer Hussain and corporator Zulfikar of the MIM are doing the rounds for taking the mantle of mayor.
Recommended For You
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Pooja Bhatt to File Police Complaint Against Man Posing as Her Agent
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology