Karnataka: SC lifts ban on mining in 18 mines
The court has permitted mining in the 18 Category A mines subject to the conditions laid down by it.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has lifted the ban on mining in 18 mines in category A in the Karnataka illegal mining case. The court has permitted mining subject to the conditions laid down by it.
However, the ban on three mines belonging to the Reddy brothers stays.
In 2011, the Supreme Court banned iron ore mining in three districts of Karnataka citing environmental concerns, and asked a government body to carry out an environmental impact assessment.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner