DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Karnataka: SC lifts ban on mining in 18 mines
The court has permitted mining in the 18 Category A mines subject to the conditions laid down by it.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has lifted the ban on mining in 18 mines in category A in the Karnataka illegal mining case. The court has permitted mining subject to the conditions laid down by it.
However, the ban on three mines belonging to the Reddy brothers stays.
In 2011, the Supreme Court banned iron ore mining in three districts of Karnataka citing environmental concerns, and asked a government body to carry out an environmental impact assessment.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835