Karnataka: SC lifts ban on mining in 18 mines
The court has permitted mining in the 18 Category A mines subject to the conditions laid down by it.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has lifted the ban on mining in 18 mines in category A in the Karnataka illegal mining case. The court has permitted mining subject to the conditions laid down by it.
However, the ban on three mines belonging to the Reddy brothers stays.
In 2011, the Supreme Court banned iron ore mining in three districts of Karnataka citing environmental concerns, and asked a government body to carry out an environmental impact assessment.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC