Kochi: protests after minister's car mows down 3
The incident occurred when minister KC Joseph was on his way to the Nedumbasserry airport.
New Delhi: Protests broke out near Kochi on Sunday, after a minister's car allegedly mowed down three people, two of whom died on the spot. The protestors blocked the national highway in protest.
Locals alleged that the minister's car was overspeeding.
The incident occurred when state Rural Development Minister KC Joseph was on his way to the Nedumbasserry airport on Sunday night.
"It was a straight road. We couldn't anticipate this. We didn't even see them coming onto the road. They were hit and thrown back with the force," said the minister.
Joseph, who was on his way to meet the Prime Minister along with his cabinet colleagues, was forced to cancel his trip.
A case of rash and negligent driving has been registered against the driver.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology