Kochi: protests after minister's car mows down 3
The incident occurred when minister KC Joseph was on his way to the Nedumbasserry airport.
New Delhi: Protests broke out near Kochi on Sunday, after a minister's car allegedly mowed down three people, two of whom died on the spot. The protestors blocked the national highway in protest.
Locals alleged that the minister's car was overspeeding.
The incident occurred when state Rural Development Minister KC Joseph was on his way to the Nedumbasserry airport on Sunday night.
"It was a straight road. We couldn't anticipate this. We didn't even see them coming onto the road. They were hit and thrown back with the force," said the minister.
Joseph, who was on his way to meet the Prime Minister along with his cabinet colleagues, was forced to cancel his trip.
A case of rash and negligent driving has been registered against the driver.
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'
- Pakistan Cricket Board Bars Push-Ups on Field After Match Wins
- Team India, Ravichandran Ashwin Head Latest ICC Test Rankings
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
From Our Network
- Punjab polls: As Kejriwal hobnobs with allies, Congress might just break its losing streak- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18