DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Minister's offering at Tirupathi: Rs 45-cr crown
It is believed to be the costliest offering at the country's richest shrine.
Tirupati/Bellary: In what is believed to be the costliest offering at the country's richest shrine, Karnataka Tourism Minister G Janardhana Reddy on Thursday offered a diamond-studded golden crown worth about Rs 45 crore to Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala.
The two-and-a-half feet high crown weighs about 34 kg. Temple sources told PTI that the Tirumala temple had received several hundreds of offerings, the highest so far being about Rs 10 crore during this century.
Thursday's offering was the costliest ever at the over 2000-year-old temple.
After the weekly celestial bath (abhishekam) of the Lord on Friday, the crown would be adorned on the presiding deity at the sanctum sanctorum, the sources said.
Before the offering, Reddy and his family members carried the crown in a procession along with the daily march of utsav deities.
Reddy handed over the mega offering to the shrine board chairman D K Adikesavulu Naidu and executive officer K V Ramanachari, the sources said.
Reddy is also a promoter of Brahmani Industries Limited, an integrated steel plant being set up at Ambavaram village near Kadapa in Andhra Pradesh.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Judy Malware Hits Google Play Store Users, Upto 36.5 Million Devices Infected
- Video - One-off Rolls-Royce ‘Sweptail’ Bespoke Revealed
- Champions Trophy: Kohli Interacts With Security Personnel in London
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan