Delhi gangrape: Age of minor accused to be verified
The Delhi Police has moved an application before the Juvenile Justice Board for the verification of age of the sixth accused.
New Delhi: With the trial in the brutal gangrape and murder case of the 23-year-old paramedical student beginning in the Saket court, the Delhi Police has also moved an application before the Juvenile Justice Board for the verification of age of the sixth accused, who has claimed to be a minor.
Acting in the case, the Juvenile Justice Board has summoned the principal of school where the minor accused, who claims to be 17 years old, studied. The case is slated to be heard on Monday, January 7.
As of now, while the other five accused, who have been chargesheeted by the Delhi Police, have been sent to the Tihar jail, the sixth accused has been sent to a judicial remand home.
All the six who had gangraped and then murderously assaulted the 23-year-old Delhi braveheart have been charged with the murder following the death of the girl at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore hospital at 2.15 am on December 29.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18