Delhi gangrape: Age of minor accused to be verified
The Delhi Police has moved an application before the Juvenile Justice Board for the verification of age of the sixth accused.
New Delhi: With the trial in the brutal gangrape and murder case of the 23-year-old paramedical student beginning in the Saket court, the Delhi Police has also moved an application before the Juvenile Justice Board for the verification of age of the sixth accused, who has claimed to be a minor.
Acting in the case, the Juvenile Justice Board has summoned the principal of school where the minor accused, who claims to be 17 years old, studied. The case is slated to be heard on Monday, January 7.
As of now, while the other five accused, who have been chargesheeted by the Delhi Police, have been sent to the Tihar jail, the sixth accused has been sent to a judicial remand home.
All the six who had gangraped and then murderously assaulted the 23-year-old Delhi braveheart have been charged with the murder following the death of the girl at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore hospital at 2.15 am on December 29.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259