Delhi gangrape: Age of minor accused to be verified
The Delhi Police has moved an application before the Juvenile Justice Board for the verification of age of the sixth accused.
New Delhi: With the trial in the brutal gangrape and murder case of the 23-year-old paramedical student beginning in the Saket court, the Delhi Police has also moved an application before the Juvenile Justice Board for the verification of age of the sixth accused, who has claimed to be a minor.
Acting in the case, the Juvenile Justice Board has summoned the principal of school where the minor accused, who claims to be 17 years old, studied. The case is slated to be heard on Monday, January 7.
As of now, while the other five accused, who have been chargesheeted by the Delhi Police, have been sent to the Tihar jail, the sixth accused has been sent to a judicial remand home.
All the six who had gangraped and then murderously assaulted the 23-year-old Delhi braveheart have been charged with the murder following the death of the girl at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore hospital at 2.15 am on December 29.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies