Minor girl commits suicide after being molested
The girl had lodged a complaint with the police against two youths - Raju Nayak and Rishi Jalori - saying that she was being repeatedly molested by them.
Vidisha: Apparently fed up with her continued molestation, a 16-year-old girl ended her life by setting herself on fire here, police said Sunday.
The minor victim, a resident of Civil Lines, had set herself ablaze here Saturday morning by pouring kerosene. She had suffered around 70 per cent burn injuries and had been admitted to a hospital in Bhopal. However, the girl succumbed to her injuries this morning, police said.
She had lodged a complaint with the police against two youths - Raju Nayak and Rishi Jalori - saying that she was being repeatedly molested by them.
The victim's brother, Shakdev Sardar alleged that instead of taking action against Nayak and Jalori, Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) Gorelal Nigodia pressurised her to take back the complaint against the duo.
According to police sources, taking serious cognisance of the incident, Vidisha Superintendent of Police (SP) Dharmendra Choudhary suspended the ASI and directed the police to take action against the youths.
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official