DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Minor girl commits suicide after being molested
The girl had lodged a complaint with the police against two youths - Raju Nayak and Rishi Jalori - saying that she was being repeatedly molested by them.
Vidisha: Apparently fed up with her continued molestation, a 16-year-old girl ended her life by setting herself on fire here, police said Sunday.
The minor victim, a resident of Civil Lines, had set herself ablaze here Saturday morning by pouring kerosene. She had suffered around 70 per cent burn injuries and had been admitted to a hospital in Bhopal. However, the girl succumbed to her injuries this morning, police said.
She had lodged a complaint with the police against two youths - Raju Nayak and Rishi Jalori - saying that she was being repeatedly molested by them.
The victim's brother, Shakdev Sardar alleged that instead of taking action against Nayak and Jalori, Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) Gorelal Nigodia pressurised her to take back the complaint against the duo.
According to police sources, taking serious cognisance of the incident, Vidisha Superintendent of Police (SP) Dharmendra Choudhary suspended the ASI and directed the police to take action against the youths.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: Junaid Takes a Dig at Kohli Ahead of Indo-Pak Clash
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi