Minor girl commits suicide after being molested
The girl had lodged a complaint with the police against two youths - Raju Nayak and Rishi Jalori - saying that she was being repeatedly molested by them.
Vidisha: Apparently fed up with her continued molestation, a 16-year-old girl ended her life by setting herself on fire here, police said Sunday.
The minor victim, a resident of Civil Lines, had set herself ablaze here Saturday morning by pouring kerosene. She had suffered around 70 per cent burn injuries and had been admitted to a hospital in Bhopal. However, the girl succumbed to her injuries this morning, police said.
She had lodged a complaint with the police against two youths - Raju Nayak and Rishi Jalori - saying that she was being repeatedly molested by them.
The victim's brother, Shakdev Sardar alleged that instead of taking action against Nayak and Jalori, Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) Gorelal Nigodia pressurised her to take back the complaint against the duo.
According to police sources, taking serious cognisance of the incident, Vidisha Superintendent of Police (SP) Dharmendra Choudhary suspended the ASI and directed the police to take action against the youths.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"