Minor girl dies after caning by teacher's husband
The girl was allegedly beaten with a stick, following which she was admitted to the primary health centre, where she died.
Varanasi: A girl student of Class IV died after being beaten with a cane allegedly by the husband of a school teacher in Rumchandipur area in the district.
Pappu Nishad alleged that his daughter died due to injuries suffered during thrashing by Anuj Singh, who is the husband of Shewta Singh, Shiksha Mitra (teacher) of Rumchandipur Primary School, police said on Wednesday.
According to Nishad's complaint, Anuj came to take classes on August 6 as his wife was unwell.
He alleged that his daughter was beaten with a stick by Anuj, following which she was admitted to the primary health centre, where the minor expired late in the night.
Anuj has been arrested.
However, Basic Shiksha Adhikari Paramhans Yadav said that Anuj had come to the school on August 6 to submit leave application of his wife.
Principal Rumchandipur Primary School Awadesh Singh too said Anuj had not come to the school to take classes but was there to hand over the leave application of his wife.
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England