Minor girl dies after caning by teacher's husband
The girl was allegedly beaten with a stick, following which she was admitted to the primary health centre, where she died.
Varanasi: A girl student of Class IV died after being beaten with a cane allegedly by the husband of a school teacher in Rumchandipur area in the district.
Pappu Nishad alleged that his daughter died due to injuries suffered during thrashing by Anuj Singh, who is the husband of Shewta Singh, Shiksha Mitra (teacher) of Rumchandipur Primary School, police said on Wednesday.
According to Nishad's complaint, Anuj came to take classes on August 6 as his wife was unwell.
He alleged that his daughter was beaten with a stick by Anuj, following which she was admitted to the primary health centre, where the minor expired late in the night.
Anuj has been arrested.
However, Basic Shiksha Adhikari Paramhans Yadav said that Anuj had come to the school on August 6 to submit leave application of his wife.
Principal Rumchandipur Primary School Awadesh Singh too said Anuj had not come to the school to take classes but was there to hand over the leave application of his wife.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology