Minor girl who set herself ablaze after molestation dies
The girl, who suffered 90 per cent burns, succumbed to her injuries at the Jabalpur Medical College.
Jabalpur: A 14-year-old girl, who had set herself on fire two days back after being allegedly molested by three youths, died here today, police said. The girl, who suffered 90 per cent burns, succumbed to her injuries at the Jabalpur Medical College where she had been admitted on Sunday, police said.
The victim was living in village Kudari Umaria and in her dying declaration she had alleged that three youths of the village used to molest her and ask her to meet them in private. However, disturbed over this, the victim had even stopped going to school, police said.
On February 17, she locked herself in a room at her place, poured kerosene and set herself on fire, Barela Police Station in-charge DM Pandey told reporters. Her parents broke open the door of the room and rushed her to the Government Jabalpur Medical College hospital.
However, she succumbed to her injuries this morning, police said adding that her body was sent for autopsy. Police said that they have taken the three accused, identified as Mahrole Chakravarty, Kishan Choudhry and Roshan Choudhary, into custody.
All the three accused are members of the village defence committee, police added.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology