Minor tied to tree, tonsured for stealing Rs 30
After blackening his face, the group also paraded him on the street even as his parents remained as mute spectators.
Bhubaneswar: A 15-year-old boy was tied to a tree, thrashed and tonsured by a group of people in Odisha in full public view. His offence was that he allegedly stole Rs 30 from the pocket of a villager.
Although the incident took place on Sunday in a village near Chandikhol in Jajpur district, about 120 km from Bhubaneshwar, police swung into action and arrested four people only after a local television channel telecast the footage of the scene on Monday.
It showed a group of villagers tying Ganesh Guin, the son of a daily wage earner to a tree, undressing him, tonsuring his head and thrashing him.
After blackening his face, the group also paraded him on the street even as his parents and other villagers helplessly remained as mute spectators.
Police have registered a case and arrested four people in this connection, said PK Majhi, chief of the local police station, adding that more people are likely to be booked.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Glad Tutak Tutak Tutiya Being Compared With Bhool Bhulaiyaa: Prabhu Deva
- Prabhu Deva is the Sweetest Person in the Industry: Farah Khan