West Bengal: Minor girl tortured in rehabilitation home
The girl had run away from home in February and was rescued by the police and sent to the rehabilitation home run by an NGO.
Kolkata: It seems no lessons have been learnt despite the nation-wide furore over the brutal Delhi gangrape incident. A 14-year-old girl was allegedly tortured in West Bengal in a rehab home in South 24 Parganas district.
The girl was rescued by the police after she ran away from her home in February.
When she refused to return to her parents she was sent to a rehab home run by an NGO named Sanlaap, where she was allegedly severely tortured by the officials there. The girl is said to be stable and recovering in a nearby nursing home. However, the doctors said that her severe injuries were sure signs of torture.
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar