West Bengal: Minor girl tortured in rehabilitation home
The girl had run away from home in February and was rescued by the police and sent to the rehabilitation home run by an NGO.
Kolkata: It seems no lessons have been learnt despite the nation-wide furore over the brutal Delhi gangrape incident. A 14-year-old girl was allegedly tortured in West Bengal in a rehab home in South 24 Parganas district.
The girl was rescued by the police after she ran away from her home in February.
When she refused to return to her parents she was sent to a rehab home run by an NGO named Sanlaap, where she was allegedly severely tortured by the officials there. The girl is said to be stable and recovering in a nearby nursing home. However, the doctors said that her severe injuries were sure signs of torture.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show