DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Minority map' of all dists ready: Centre
The Centre has prepared a population map identifying the districts, blocks and towns with minority populations.
New Delhi: The Centre has prepared a minority population map identifying the districts, blocks and towns with minority population of more than 50,000 in order to ensure better implementation of the schemes aimed at welfare of the minorities.
Minority Affairs Minister A R Antulay told Rajya Sabha on Monday that the exercise was carried out in zones with substantial population of minorities and it was held in consultation with the Registrar General of India.
"The ministries, departments concerned with schemes, included in the Prime Minister's new 15-point programme for the welfare of minorities, have been advised of the details for appropriate action," Antulay told the House.
He said the government will soon set up an inter-ministerial task force under the chairmanship of a member of the Planning Commission to go into issues arising out of the geographical distribution of minorities in the country.
He, however, said there was no proposal to conduct a study of social-economic conditions of minorities other than Muslims.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users