DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz detained in Srinagar
He was detained when he was heading towards the office of the United Nations Military Observers Group.
Srinagar: Chairman of Moderate Hurriyat Conference Mirwaiz Umer Farooq along with his nearly a dozen colleagues was on Thursday detained by police for violating prohibitory orders clamped in the city, officials said.
Mirwaiz along with executive members of the Amalgam, including Prof Abdul Ghani Bhat, Bilal Ghani Lone, Mohammad Abdullah Tari, Maulana Masroor Abbas Aansari, Nayeem Ahmad Khan, Zaffar Akbar Bhat, Hakeem Abdul Rashid, Aga Syed Hassan Alsafvi Almoosvi.
Mirwaiz and others were detained at tourist reception centre here when they were heading towards the office of the United Nations Military Observers Group for India and Pakistan at Sonawar to submit a memorandum regarding alleged "unabated" human rights violations in Kashmir, they said.
The police first asked Mirwaiz and his colleagues to disperse as prohibitory orders were clamped in the city but when they refused, the police swung into action and forcibly bundled them into a vehicle and lodged them in Khotibagh police station, they said.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Melania Trump Slaps Away Donald Trump's Hand Upon Arriving In Israel
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing