DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Miss Universe 2012: Shilpa Singh fails to enter top 10
With Lara Dutta as the last Miss Universe in 2000, India was looking forward to regaining the title after 12 years.
New Delhi: Miss India Shilpa Singh couldn't make it to the top 10 at the Miss Universe 2012 competition being held at Las Vegas. Participants from 89 countries are fighting for the top spot at the prestigious beauty pageant.
Software engineer and dancer Shilpa Singh had got the chance to represent India at the Miss Universe completion after winning I Am She: Miss India-Universe 2012. Shilpa hails from a small place in Samastipur, Bihar.
A well-known model, Shilpa made her way to the I Am She- Miss Universe 2012 pageant and went onto become the first runner-up at the beauty pageant. However, later the winner of the pageant, Urvashi Rautela, was dethroned due to age conflict and the title was given to Shilpa Singh.
With Lara Dutta as the last Miss Universe in 2000, India was looking forward to regaining the title after 12 years. Indian contestants were not making it to top 16 in last some years but Shilpa finally broke the jinx. However, she failed to carry it forward.
The 23 year old computer professional loves swimming, basketball and cooking. Fashion designers Anjalee and Arjun Kapoor had designed Shilpa Singh's finale costumes.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users