DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Miss Universe rigged in Venezuela's favour'
Former Miss Brazil has claimed the pageant was rigged.
Sao Paulo: Former Miss Brazil Adalgisa Colombo has said that this year's Miss Universe pageant, which was won by Miss Venezuela Stefania Fernandez, was "rigged" in favour of Venezuela that has taken the last two titles.
"It was rigged. The contest was very dumb, very commercial, with the special interests of (pageant co-owner) Donald Trump, who must have interests in Venezuela," Colombo told the O Globo newspaper's online edition.
Colombo, who was Miss Brazil 1958, said her country's representative this year, Larissa Costa, was one of the favourites and should have been one of the 10 semifinalists, but she did not even make the final 15.
The former beauty queen said her favourite contestant in this year's pageant was Miss Dominican Republic Ada Aimee de la Cruz, who made it to the final three.
The Miss Universe contest ended August 23 in Nassau, Bahamas.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO