DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Miss Gibraltar takes home Miss World 2009 crown
Miss India Pooja Chopra was eliminated in the penultimate round.
Johannesburg: Gibraltar's Kaiane Aldorino won the 2009 Miss World crown at a glittering ceremony in Johannesburg on Saturday, defeating 111 contestants from across the world but Miss India Pooja Chopra disappointed by failing to make it to the final round.
An HR Clerk by profession, the 22-year old blonde brought her country the Miss World title for the first time.
"Thank you South Africa, this is the most wonderful moment of my life," said Aldorino with tears in her eyes.
Miss Mexico Perla Beltran finished second, while South Africa's Tatum Keshwar took the third place.
Former Miss World and Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra was one of the judges in the contest whose final round saw a close contest between seven beauty queens.
Aldorino was crowned by Kseniasukhi Nova, the Miss World 2008, of Russia.
Miss India Pooja Chopra, who participated in the contest, nursing an injured ankle, made it to the semi-final along with 15 other contestants but was eliminated in the penultimate round.
Chopra earlier won the 'beauty with a purpose' title for supporting the save the girl-child initiative back home.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Melania Trump Slaps Away Donald Trump's Hand Upon Arriving In Israel
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Sangakkara Announces Retirement From First Class Cricket