Missing actress Anjali makes an appearence before police
There were reports that Anjali had accused her step mother Bharati Devi and Tamil film director Kalanjiyam of harassing her.
Hyderabad: Southern actress Anjali, who went missing from a hotel in the posh Jubilee Hills area here on Monday, made a "dramatic" appearance before city police tonight.
Her brother Ravi Shankar had lodged a complaint with Jubilee Hills police station on Tuesday stating that she had disappeared from a star hotel and her mobile phone was also switched-off.
According to Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) G Sudheer Babu, the actress appeared before police tonight and gave a statement saying "she was stressed out due to her busy shooting schedule" and had gone to Mumbai for a break.
She appeared before police as there was missing case registered in the city, the DCP said, adding that based on her statement a final report will be submitted to the court.
Earlier, there were reports that Anjali had accused her step mother Bharati Devi and Tamil film director Kalanjiyam of harassing her.
Anjali acted in hit Tamil films Engaeyum Eppothum and Angaadi Theru besides the multi-starrer Telugu movie Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology