Missing nuclear scientist found dead in Chennai
S Ananthanarayanan, a Scietific Officer at the IGCAR, had gone missing since February 15.
Chennai: S Ananthanarayanan, a Scietific Officer at the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research(IGCAR), who had gone missing since February 15, was found dead at a railway track at suburban Guduvancheri on Friday.
Police claims it to be a suicide.
The body of the 37-year old S Ananthanarayanan was found near the railway track between Vandalur and Guduvancherry section on February 15, the day he went missing, but was identified only last night by his father-in-law, Kalpakkam.
He was run over by a suburban train at about 11 am on the same day when he was reported missing and the body was lying in Thambaram Government hospital mortuary since then, they said.
Ananthanarayanan, employed with IGCAR since 1997, last attended duty on February 12, IGCAR sources said. He was working on developing hospital Data Management System at IGCAR.
According to IGCAR sources, he was not involved in any sensitive work and not privy to classified information.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology