Mitt Romney concedes to President Obama
Supporters milled quietly in the ballroom of a hotel waiting for Mitt Romney to address them.
Washington: Republican Mitt Romney has called President Barack Obama to concede the presidential race. "I have just called President Obama to congratulate him on his victory," said Romney. Romney is expected to speak shortly in Boston before supporters.
Mitt Romney is now headed to a hotel ballroom to publicly acknowledge his loss in the presidential contest. Romney had been out of sight in a hotel room with family throughout the night as the election results came in showing a decisive re-election victory for President Barack Obama.
Supporters milled quietly in the ballroom of the hotel waiting for Romney to address them. Obama won nearly all the major battlegrounds where he and Romney competed, including Ohio, Wisconsin, Colorado and Iowa. North Carolina, was the only major swing state to break for Romney. Virginia and Florida were too close to call.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal Yadav, Four Other Ministers From Cabinet
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Sacks Shivpal, 3 Other Ministers From Cabinet; Says Amar Singh Backers Not Required
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President