Mitt Romney concedes to President Obama
Supporters milled quietly in the ballroom of a hotel waiting for Mitt Romney to address them.
Washington: Republican Mitt Romney has called President Barack Obama to concede the presidential race. "I have just called President Obama to congratulate him on his victory," said Romney. Romney is expected to speak shortly in Boston before supporters.
Mitt Romney is now headed to a hotel ballroom to publicly acknowledge his loss in the presidential contest. Romney had been out of sight in a hotel room with family throughout the night as the election results came in showing a decisive re-election victory for President Barack Obama.
Supporters milled quietly in the ballroom of the hotel waiting for Romney to address them. Obama won nearly all the major battlegrounds where he and Romney competed, including Ohio, Wisconsin, Colorado and Iowa. North Carolina, was the only major swing state to break for Romney. Virginia and Florida were too close to call.
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon