DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Over 1.2 mn people request Jackson memorial tickets
Only 8,750 people will win tickets for themselves and a partner for the event.
Los Angeles: More than 1.2 million Michael Jackson fans had requested tickets by Saturday afternoon for admission to his memorial tribute on Tuesday in Los Angeles, a number that could climb to over two million.
Only 8,750 of those people will win two tickets each for themselves and a partner to attend the event at the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles, Tmz.com reported online. Some of the tickets will be for viewing large screen coverage of the event at the Nokia Theatre across the street.
Winners are to be announced on Sunday.
The tribute ceremony is to take place at 1700 GMT. Broadcast media reports Saturday indicated that Jackson's physical remains would not be present at the memorial service. CNN reported that singer Jennifer Hudson will be among the performers who will appear at the service.
The final burial place for Jackson, who died at age 50 ten days ago, was not yet announced.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi