MLA Murder Case: Arrest Warrant Issued Against Madhya Pradesh Minister
Madhya Pradesh minister Lal Singh Arya (File image)
Bhind: A local court in Bhind on Friday issued an arrest warrant against Madhya Pradesh minister Lal Singh Arya in connection with the murder of MLA Makhan Singh Jatav.
Judge Yogesh Gupta ordered that Minister of State for General Administration, Arya, be included as one of the accused and issued the warrant against him.
Banwarilal Jatav, an eyewitness, had deposed before the court and said Arya exhorted someone to shoot Jatav on that day.
Jatav’s wife, Shila Jatav, had also told the court that her husband was apprehensive of the minister.
As many as eight people were named as accused in the Jatav murder case and Arya did not figure in the list.
The Congress was quick to pounce on the issue. Party spokesperson JP Dhanopia said they would approach the governor seeking Arya’s ouster from the cabinet if he doesn’t resign.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli & Co Smash World Record During Windies ODI
- Tubelight BO Collection: Salman's Film Mints Rs 66 cr on Day 3
- Team India Coach: Mahela Jayawardene Says He is Not In the Race
- Honor 8 Pro vs OnePlus 5: What Their Dual-Camera Will Offer
- 12 of Bollywood's Eid Releases That Created Box Office Records