MNCs, IPL teams offer internships at IIM-K
This is the first time that all the students have received offers with stipends, said Prof G Sridhar.
Kochi: Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kozhikode on Tuesday said that over 100 firms, including Global Power house brands like Deutche bank, Citibank, softdrinks majors, MNCs and even a top tier IPL team, have made summer internship offers to 343 students of its flagship PGP programme.
In the two year programme, after the first year, every student has to undertake 8-week internship in an organisation. This is the first time that all the students have received offers with stipends, said Prof G Sridhar, Placement Chairperson.
The institute said it had successfully completed the Summer Placements Process for the 15th batch of the Post Graduate programme. The process saw 100 firms, including over 35 new companies participating. Many of the firms made a record number of offers, the highest over several years, reaffirming the status of the college as a premier institution of global repute, he said.
The first-time recruiters were impressed by the academic excellence and rigor of the curriculum and the diverse talent pool available at IIM Kozhikode. One of India s most admired and trusted company that participated for the first time, was amazed by the quality of students and went ahead to make the largest number of offers in their history of recruiting across all campuses, he said.
Several first time recruiters from across verticals like TAS, CLSA, Societe Generale, Amazon, Avalon Consulting, Macquarie Capital, Yahoo, Dabur, RPG Group, Mentor Graphics, Dawn Consulting, Ittiam systems, UAE Exchange & Herbz were appreciative of the talent on offer and offered senior roles at foreign locations like Hong Kong, London and Dubai.
Global powerhouse brands like HUL, Reckitt Benckiser, Nomura, Deutche Bank, Citibank, HSBC, Deloitte Consulting, J P Morgan Chase, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages & Standard Chartered Bank continued their strong association with IIM Kozhikode by recruiting in large numbers.
Some of India s most well known MNCs like ITC, Asian Paints, Reliance Industries, Axis Bank, Mahindra & Mahindra & Cognizant also participated in the Summer Placements process where many students opted to do their internships over other global MNCs.
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18