DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mobile phone services suspended in Kashmir Valley
Last year too mobile phone services were withdrawn in the valley on January 26 and August 15.
Srinagar: Ahead of Republic Day parades in Srinagar and elsewhere on January 26, mobile phone services were suspended across the Kashmir Valley as part of a security drill. Different service providers did not issue any alert to subscribers before suspending their services.
Contacted on landline phones, people in Srinagar, Ganderbal, Anantnag, Badgam, Baramulla, Sopore and other towns said mobile phones had stopped working since January 26 morning.
Last year too mobile phone services were withdrawn in the valley on January 26 and August 15. In the past, separatist guerrillas triggered improved explosive devices using mobile telephones.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh