Mobile phone services suspended in Kashmir Valley
Last year too mobile phone services were withdrawn in the valley on January 26 and August 15.
Srinagar: Ahead of Republic Day parades in Srinagar and elsewhere on January 26, mobile phone services were suspended across the Kashmir Valley as part of a security drill. Different service providers did not issue any alert to subscribers before suspending their services.
Contacted on landline phones, people in Srinagar, Ganderbal, Anantnag, Badgam, Baramulla, Sopore and other towns said mobile phones had stopped working since January 26 morning.
Last year too mobile phone services were withdrawn in the valley on January 26 and August 15. In the past, separatist guerrillas triggered improved explosive devices using mobile telephones.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology