Modi's state underperforms in health, education sector
According a Planning Commission's paper on 'Refining State Level Comparisons in India', Gujarat has done well only in infrastructure sector.
New Delhi: Punching hole in the claims of state Chief Minister Narendra Modi, a Planning Commission working paper said that Gujarat has underperformed in health and education sectors.
According a Planning Commission's paper on 'Refining State Level Comparisons in India', "Haryana, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Assam, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra have each underperformed in two of the three sectors analysed."
The working paper 2012 series has analysed the performance of the states in three sector - health, education and infrastructure. As per the paper, the only sector in which Gujarat has done well is infrastructure. It further said that the good performers includes Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Orissa, Tamil Nadu and Bihar. "These states have been the best performers across the all sectors," it stated.
The laggards, according to the paper, include Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir and Jharkhand across these three sectors.
Modi, the newly appointed campaign committee chief of the Bharatiya Janta Party for the 2014 General Elections, has been propagating the Gujarat model of development and his party wants it to be replicated across the country.
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor