Modi's state underperforms in health, education sector
According a Planning Commission's paper on 'Refining State Level Comparisons in India', Gujarat has done well only in infrastructure sector.
New Delhi: Punching hole in the claims of state Chief Minister Narendra Modi, a Planning Commission working paper said that Gujarat has underperformed in health and education sectors.
According a Planning Commission's paper on 'Refining State Level Comparisons in India', "Haryana, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Assam, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra have each underperformed in two of the three sectors analysed."
The working paper 2012 series has analysed the performance of the states in three sector - health, education and infrastructure. As per the paper, the only sector in which Gujarat has done well is infrastructure. It further said that the good performers includes Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Orissa, Tamil Nadu and Bihar. "These states have been the best performers across the all sectors," it stated.
The laggards, according to the paper, include Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir and Jharkhand across these three sectors.
Modi, the newly appointed campaign committee chief of the Bharatiya Janta Party for the 2014 General Elections, has been propagating the Gujarat model of development and his party wants it to be replicated across the country.
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief