Punjab: Woman who alleged rape arrested
The woman, who works as a nurse, had claimed that she was abducted and drugged by a gang of four before being gangraped.
Moga: In a shocking case in Moga in Punjab, the police have arrested a 26-year-old woman for falsely alleging that she was gangraped. According to the police, the charges leveled by the woman were motivated.
The woman, who works as a nurse, had claimed that she was abducted and drugged by a gang of four, including two women, while she was returning from Mohali after a job interview, following which she was gangraped.
Earlier, in another twist to the case, the police had claimed that the woman had been booked in 2012 on charges of injecting an HIV-infected needle into a woman with whose husband she was allegedly having an affair with.
The police had claimed that one of the two women accused of drugging the nurse and letting their male accomplices rape her was the same who claimed to have been infected with HIV. The other woman was her mother, said the police.
The 26-year-old woman claimed to have been gangraped and thrown on the Bathinda-Dabawali road on Sunday eveing. She said that they took her to a room, filmed and gangraped her.
Recommended For You
- Ducati XDiavel S Review: The Rs 19 Lakh Motorcycle Made to Make You Smile
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Happy Birthday Kangana Ranaut: Why the Actress Continues to Inspire Women
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A vs Redmi 3S: What's the Best Budget Xiaomi Phone
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Can't Wait to Join Dhoni & Boys in Pune