DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mohali drug haul: ED registers money laundering case
The police had seized about 28 kgs of heroin, 61 kg of Pseudoephedrine and over Rs 1 crore drug money.
New Delhi: Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday registered money laundering case relating to Punjab narcotics haul from the house of alleged drug dealer Anoop Singh Kahlon.
The case dates back to March 3 when police seized drugs from a flat in Mohali. The police had seized about 28 kgs of heroin, 61 kg of Pseudoephedrine and over Rs 1 crore drug money.
About 50 kg of ice was destroyed by the family members of the dealers and the total cost of the seizures is around Rs 130 crore and would fetch Rs 484 crore in the international market. Olympian boxer Vijender Singh has also been caught in the net and the Punjab Police has alleged he had consumed heroin 12 times between December 2012 and February 2013.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish