Mohali drug haul: ED registers money laundering case
The police had seized about 28 kgs of heroin, 61 kg of Pseudoephedrine and over Rs 1 crore drug money.
New Delhi: Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday registered money laundering case relating to Punjab narcotics haul from the house of alleged drug dealer Anoop Singh Kahlon.
The case dates back to March 3 when police seized drugs from a flat in Mohali. The police had seized about 28 kgs of heroin, 61 kg of Pseudoephedrine and over Rs 1 crore drug money.
About 50 kg of ice was destroyed by the family members of the dealers and the total cost of the seizures is around Rs 130 crore and would fetch Rs 484 crore in the international market. Olympian boxer Vijender Singh has also been caught in the net and the Punjab Police has alleged he had consumed heroin 12 times between December 2012 and February 2013.
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Quetta Terror Attack: Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Suspected To Be Behind The Deadly Assault
- Quetta Terror: How The Suicide Attack That Claimed Over 60 Lives Panned Out
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts