Mohali drug haul: ED registers money laundering case
The police had seized about 28 kgs of heroin, 61 kg of Pseudoephedrine and over Rs 1 crore drug money.
New Delhi: Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday registered money laundering case relating to Punjab narcotics haul from the house of alleged drug dealer Anoop Singh Kahlon.
The case dates back to March 3 when police seized drugs from a flat in Mohali. The police had seized about 28 kgs of heroin, 61 kg of Pseudoephedrine and over Rs 1 crore drug money.
About 50 kg of ice was destroyed by the family members of the dealers and the total cost of the seizures is around Rs 130 crore and would fetch Rs 484 crore in the international market. Olympian boxer Vijender Singh has also been caught in the net and the Punjab Police has alleged he had consumed heroin 12 times between December 2012 and February 2013.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her