Mohan Parasaran to be elevated as Solicitor General
The appointment came following the resignation of senior advocate Rohinton Nariman from the post earlier this week.
New Delhi: Additional Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran is all set to be appointed as the new Solicitor General (SG) of India following the resignation of senior advocate Rohinton Nariman from the post earlier this week.
"I have given my consent for the post of SG," he said. "Formal notification is yet to be out," he said. It is understood that the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) is yet to meet and clear the move.
Parasaran, a senior advocate of the Supreme Court and son of former Attorney General K Parasaran, was appointed as ASG by the first UPA government in July 2004. He continued in office in UPA II.
When asked about his priority as the second senior most law officer, Parasaran, said "We have to be responsive to the present needs of the society." He said matters relating to public interest would be his priority.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly