Mohanlal buys house in world's tallest tower
Burj Khalifa in Dubai is all set to be the star's newest address
Malayalam matinee idol Mohanlal is set to become the latest Indian celebrity to add the world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa, to his address.
The actor, who already owns a villa at Dubai's Arabian Ranches, is finalising the purchase of a luxury apartment at the Burj, reported Khaleej Times.
The deal is still being worked out and the one-bedroom, 940-square-feet apartment will be bought in the name of his wife Suchitra. Apparently the luxury villa at the Arabian Ranches is also in her name.
The Burj Khalifa apartment is said to be housed on the 29th floor and has a picturesque view of the dancing fountain. It is estimated to cost nearly Rs 35 million (2.8 million dirhams).
A source close to the actor denied that the purchase was linked to Mohanlal's 51st birthday celebrated on 21stMay. The purchase was an impromptu decision of the actor popularly known as Lalettan, the source added. Last October, Mohanlal had secured a UAE driving license while he was shooting for the movie 'Casanova'.
The yet-to-be-released film also featured the Burj Khalifa among other iconic buildings and locations here. Mohanlal is currently in Dubai with his family and will be attending a celebrity cricket match.
Bollywood actress and reality star Shilpa Shetty was gifted a similar apartment in the Burj by her husband Raj Kundra on their first wedding anniversary in November last year. Several prominent Indian businessmen also in the UAE have also made the tallest skyscraper their home.
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Snapshot: Arjun Rampal's daughter Mahikaa is all grown up now!
- Sunita Williams greets Indians from space on Diwali
- Obama wishes 'Happy Diwali', praises resilience of Sikhs
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali