Mohanlal buys house in world's tallest tower
Burj Khalifa in Dubai is all set to be the star's newest address
Malayalam matinee idol Mohanlal is set to become the latest Indian celebrity to add the world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa, to his address.
The actor, who already owns a villa at Dubai's Arabian Ranches, is finalising the purchase of a luxury apartment at the Burj, reported Khaleej Times.
The deal is still being worked out and the one-bedroom, 940-square-feet apartment will be bought in the name of his wife Suchitra. Apparently the luxury villa at the Arabian Ranches is also in her name.
The Burj Khalifa apartment is said to be housed on the 29th floor and has a picturesque view of the dancing fountain. It is estimated to cost nearly Rs 35 million (2.8 million dirhams).
A source close to the actor denied that the purchase was linked to Mohanlal's 51st birthday celebrated on 21stMay. The purchase was an impromptu decision of the actor popularly known as Lalettan, the source added. Last October, Mohanlal had secured a UAE driving license while he was shooting for the movie 'Casanova'.
The yet-to-be-released film also featured the Burj Khalifa among other iconic buildings and locations here. Mohanlal is currently in Dubai with his family and will be attending a celebrity cricket match.
Bollywood actress and reality star Shilpa Shetty was gifted a similar apartment in the Burj by her husband Raj Kundra on their first wedding anniversary in November last year. Several prominent Indian businessmen also in the UAE have also made the tallest skyscraper their home.
- India vs New Zealand Live: Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series, Regain No.1 Spot
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- UN Aid Chief Warns of 'Unparalleled' Catastrophe in Aleppo
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18