Mohanlal to work in John Abraham's 'Jaffana'?
'Jaffna' is an off-beat political thriller about LTTE activities before it was decimated by the Sri Lankan Army.
Actor turned producer John Abraham, a half Malayali, is planning to rope in Malayalam superstar Mohanlal in his next film 'Jaffna'.
"We are also looking at regional films. I am producing a Marathi film. Definitely, I would love to produce a Malayalam film. We have one of the best actors in our country there - a gentleman called Mohanlal. There is so much to learn from him," John, who turned producer with 'Vicky Donor', told IANS while talking about his future plans.
"I hope he has a role in 'Jaffna'. We are planning to do it together," added the actor who will co-produce the film.
To be directed by Shoojit Sircar, 'Jaffna' is an off-beat political thriller about Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam's (LTTE) activities in Sri Lanka before it was decimated by the Sri Lankan Army in 2009.
After making a success as a producer, does he plan to write scripts?
"I don't know about writing, but maybe I will think of direction at some point of time," he said.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Rangoon Movie Review: It's Overlong, Indulgent to the Point of Exhaustion
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her