Mohanlal to work in John Abraham's 'Jaffana'?
'Jaffna' is an off-beat political thriller about LTTE activities before it was decimated by the Sri Lankan Army.
Actor turned producer John Abraham, a half Malayali, is planning to rope in Malayalam superstar Mohanlal in his next film 'Jaffna'.
"We are also looking at regional films. I am producing a Marathi film. Definitely, I would love to produce a Malayalam film. We have one of the best actors in our country there - a gentleman called Mohanlal. There is so much to learn from him," John, who turned producer with 'Vicky Donor', told IANS while talking about his future plans.
"I hope he has a role in 'Jaffna'. We are planning to do it together," added the actor who will co-produce the film.
To be directed by Shoojit Sircar, 'Jaffna' is an off-beat political thriller about Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam's (LTTE) activities in Sri Lanka before it was decimated by the Sri Lankan Army in 2009.
After making a success as a producer, does he plan to write scripts?
"I don't know about writing, but maybe I will think of direction at some point of time," he said.
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit