Mohnish Bahl to quit 'Kuch Toh Log Kahenge'
Television actor Mohnish Bahl will be parting ways with daily soap 'Kuch Toh Log Kahenge'.
Mumbai: The hectic schedule of daily soaps seems to have taken a toll on Mohnish Bahl and the actor has decided to quit 'Kuch Toh Log Kahenge' just months after it went on air.
"It is true that Mohnish Bahl is leaving 'Kuch Toh Log Kehenge' 'KTLK' - due to health reasons," tweeted Sneha Rajani, senior executive vice president and business head, Sony channel.
"His doctors have advised him to rest and...to not work the kind of hours and days a daily soap requires. We, therefore, mutually agreed to part ways rather then let his health suffer," she added.
The show, which went on air in October last year, is an Indian adaptation of popular Pakistani TV series 'Dhoop Kinare', which starred Rahat Kazmi and Marina Khan. It was a rage in both India and Pakistan during the 1980s.
The Indian version of the show stars Mohnish as Dr Ashutosh, while Kritika Kamra plays his love interest, Dr. Nidhi. According to a source, Mohnish's exit has been set around an accident sequence, which is said to be already shot.
Television actor Anuj Saxena, who rose to fame as Abhay Kapoor with Ekta Kapoor's 'Kkusum', is most likely to replace him in the show.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One of the Season
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?