Monica Bedi set to make a comeback with 'Saraswatichandra'
Monica is set to make a comeback with 'Saraswatichandra', a show which will mark her entry in daily soaps.
Mumbai: Actress Monica Bedi, the former companion of Abu Salem, says she has put her past behind and is readying to start afresh her career with Sanjay Leela Bhansali's first telly show 'Saraswatichandra'.
"I think certain things happen in life as it is written in your destiny. You can't do anything about that, you just have to face things and be strong in life and move on. I think whatever has happened in the past... you cannot change it. You have to be strong," Monica told PTI.
"Whatever experiences I have had, they have made me wiser, better and stronger," she said.
The 35-year-old appeared alongside Sanjay Dutt, Govinda, Arjun Rampal and others in movies like 'Jodi No 1', 'Jaanam Samjha Karo' and 'Pyaar, Ishq Aur Mohabbat' in her short-lived Bollywood career.
She was arrested with the underworld don in Portugal in 2002 and they were extradited together in 2005. After spending months in jail, Monica made a comeback of sorts with her surprise entry on reality show 'Bigg Boss' last season.
"I think somewhere 'Bigg Boss' was sent to me by God as that is the best thing that could have happened to me at that time. Had I done the biggest of Bollywood film it wouldn' have done what 'Bigg Boss' did for me," Monica said.
"After doing the show I got lot of love and support from people, I got good work. I think all this was God sent," she said.
Now Monica is set to make a comeback with 'Saraswatichandra', a show which will mark her entry in daily soaps on small screen.
"It is for first time that I am doing a TV serial. Post 'Bigg Boss' there have been offers for TV serials but nothing interesting came my way. I did not feel excited so did not take any offers. It was this offer from Sanjay that really excited me and I took it up," Monica said.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute