Monsoon to begin in Uttarakhand Next Week
The monsoon season is expected to begin in Uttarakhand from June 20 even as rains continue to lash the hill state, a weather official said on Tuesday.
Dehradun: The monsoon season is expected to begin in Uttarakhand from June 20 even as rains continue to lash the hill state, a weather official said on Tuesday.
Rains are occurring in the Chaar Dhaam region where thousands of people have arrived for the annual pilgrimage.
Drizzling has been reported in most parts of the plains and the hill tracts, which according to the Met department are pre-monsoonal showers.
There were also reports of landslides which have blocked some roads along the Chaar Dhaam route, the official added.
The regional Met department informed that over the next three days the state will receive little to moderate rainfall and after the monsoon hits the state on June 20, there would be plenty.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli - The Records Indian Captain Broke at Wankhede
- MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli Show Their 'Bromance' At Wankhede
- Virat Kohli Surpasses Ponting; Only Behind Tendulkar in ODI Ton List
- Rani Mukerji's Father and Filmmaker Ram Mukerji Dies at 84
- With No Money, No House, No Future, Parents Dead, I Did What I Felt Like Doing: Shah Rukh Khan