DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Montanes beats Monfils to win title at Nice Open
Montanes clinched his sixth title by defeating French wild-card entry Gael Monfils 6-0, 7-6 (3) in the final of the Nice Open.
Nice: Albert Montanes of Spain clinched his sixth title by defeating French wild-card entry Gael Monfils 6-0, 7-6 (3) in the final of the Nice Open on Saturday.
The match was interrupted by rain at 4-0 in the first set, but that didn't seem to bother Montanes, who broke for a 3-1 lead in the second and looked set to cruise to victory. But Monfils, a former top-10 player whose 2012 season was hampered by a right knee injury, rallied to tie it at 4-4.
Montanes took a 4-1 lead in the tiebreaker and sealed the win when a backhand from Monfils sailed long. The Nice Open is a warm-up tournament for the French Open.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Kohli Condemns Blasts but Says CT is of "Paramount Importance"
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere