More international offers for IIM-A graduates
IIM-A is adopting international standards for placement this year.
Ahmedabad: The international placement offers coming the way of Indian Institute of Management- Ahmedabad (IIM-A) graduates from consulting and banking firms have gone up this year, reflecting a better market sentiment overseas, the top business school said on Thursday.
"Consulting firms like Oliver Wyman, Analysys Mason and Heidrick & Struggles made international offers this year, spanning across New York, Dubai and Singapore," an IIM-A report said without divulging numbers.
IIM-A is adopting international standards for placement this year and will release the final placement statistics after the convocation on March 26, it said.
"Amongst the marketing firms, HUL and Proctor & Gamble offered roles in Singapore while Cadbury Kraft and Dabur also made international offers."
The consultancy firms offered more international roles this year to the B-school graduates, besides banks. The final placement process for Post Graduate Programme (PGP) kicked off on February 12 and ended on March 4.
"We saw an increased number of banks participating in the placement process this year. These included Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, HSBC and Citi," the report stated.
The students were offered roles in investment banking as well as global marketing, it said. "Goldman Sachs, Nomura, and Royal Bank of Scotland were among the major recruiters."
A batch size of nearly 314 PGP sought placement. Over 120 firms participated in the lateral and final placement process at IIM-A, according to the report.
Nearly 37 per cent of the batch was eligible for lateral placements, which were conducted between January and February, an IIM-A official said.
"Over 40 firms were part of the lateral recruitment process. Firms like Amazon, Deloitte Consulting, Bain, Barclays Bank, Yes Bank, Clearwater, Cognizant, Microsoft and Infoedge were amongst the major recruiters," he said.
Students with 18 months of prior work experience are eligible for lateral placements, the official said.
"This year seven students, 2 per cent of the batch, opted out of the placement process to become entrepreneurs," the report stated.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away