More smuggled timber planks seized
ROURKELA: A day after recovery of wood sleepers worth over Rs 6 lakh, the Forest Department on Thursday made fresh seizures worth ..
ROURKELA: A day after recovery of wood sleepers worth over Rs 6 lakh, the Forest Department on Thursday made fresh seizures worth over Rs 7 lakh.
The seizures came following raids at three interior locations of the Maoist-infested Bisra block.
Rourkela DFO Atish Behera said the total seizure measured more than 500 cubic feet.
According to reports, a raid was carried out at Tulsikani village leading to the recovery of 132 pieces of abandoned sleepers made of wood. This was followed by recovery of 60 more pieces from Gariaposh village.
Forest officials also swooped down on a furniture unit at Kaliaposh village and seized 20 cubit feet of wood. The proprietor, however, managed to escape.
The DFO said at Tulsikani and Gariaposh village timber was stacked for despatch to markets of Rourkela and neighbouring Ranchi.
He said efforts were on to identify the smugglers and nab them.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century