More striking doctors resume duty in Jaipur
Out of a total 360 resident doctors, 94 in all have resumed duties. 47 of them had returned on Wednesday.
Jaipur: Forty seven striking resident doctors on Thursday resumed duty in Jaipur taking the total number of medicos who have rejoined work to 94 even as the situation remained grim in other cities where the strike continued.
The 47 protesting doctors resumed duties at SMS Government Hospital in Jaipur, Dr L C Sharma, Superintendent of SMS Hospital, said.
Out of a total 360 resident doctors, 94 in all have resumed duties. 47 of them had returned on Wednesday and the rest of them resumed duty this morning, he said.
Rest of the resident doctors will also resume duty soon, Dr Ashok, representative of the resident doctors, said.
He was among the three-member delegation, who had on Tuesday night met state Medical and Health Minister Duru Miyan and assured him of calling off their strike unconditionally from Wednesday morning. However, the strike continued with only 47 residents resuming their duty on Wednesday.
On the other hand, many residents doctors in other cities remained on strike in support of the in-service government doctors, who are demanding pay-hike and time-bound promotions despite claim by the government that the demands have already fulfilled.
Meanwhile, a government official claimed that a few more in-service government doctors, who were on strike, also resumed duty in different parts of the state on Thursday.
The in-service government doctors went on the strike on December 21 demanding a pay-hike and time-bound promotions but the government invoked RESMA and arrested over 400 doctors since the strike and suspended 65 doctors.
The government has made alternate arrangements with the help of doctors posted at private hospitals, retired and newly recruited doctors, Army, BSF railways.
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'