More than 150 new abuse allegations against BBC made
The broadcaster said the allegations have been made against 81 current and former staff members and contributors.
London: The BBC says 152 new sex abuse allegations have been made since the Jimmy Savile scandal erupted last fall. The broadcaster said on Friday the allegations have been made against 81 current and former staff members and contributors, including some who have died.
It said that 25 cases of suspected abuse involving current staff members or contributors have been reported to police for investigation. Reports of widespread abuse by Savile during his long years with the BBC have led to several investigations that have embarrassed the broadcaster.
The popular entertainer died in 2011 at age 84. Since then, he has been accused of hundreds of sex crimes.
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Akhilesh Briefs Governor on Political Crisis
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: Shivpal Expels Akhilesh's Aide Pawan Pandey From Party
From Our Network
- Samajwadi Party drama enters 5th day: Akhilesh-Shivpal feud sparks SP-Congress alliance ahead of UP polls- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18