More than 640 hurt in South Africa train crash
A train apparently collided with a stationary one in Soweto.
Johannesburg: A train crash injured more than 640 passengers on Thursday night in South Africa's Soweto township outside Johannesburg, local media reported, citing emergency services.
South African news agency SAPA said two of the injured were in a critical condition. It said a train had apparently collided with a stationary one in Soweto, the country's biggest black township.
Commuter train accidents are a regular occurrence in South Africa. In 2009 almost 300 people were injured in two separate train accidents that occurred hours apart.
In 2006, 27 people were killed when a truck carrying farm workers collided with a commuter train at a railway crossing.
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief