DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
More than 640 hurt in South Africa train crash
A train apparently collided with a stationary one in Soweto.
Johannesburg: A train crash injured more than 640 passengers on Thursday night in South Africa's Soweto township outside Johannesburg, local media reported, citing emergency services.
South African news agency SAPA said two of the injured were in a critical condition. It said a train had apparently collided with a stationary one in Soweto, the country's biggest black township.
Commuter train accidents are a regular occurrence in South Africa. In 2009 almost 300 people were injured in two separate train accidents that occurred hours apart.
In 2006, 27 people were killed when a truck carrying farm workers collided with a commuter train at a railway crossing.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Aishwarya, Aaradhya Look Like Real Life Princesses In This Recent Photo
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish