Moscow unveils 2013 World Athletics mascot
An anthropomorphic sparrow will serve as the mascot for the 2013 World Athletics Championships in Moscow.
Moscow: An anthropomorphic sparrow will serve as the mascot for the 2013 World Athletics Championships in Moscow, organisers announced on Wednesday. The cartoon bird has brown, black and white plumage and wears a blue t-shirt bearing the Moscow 2013 insignia.
"A sparrow was chosen as the mascot. The bird shares a lot of qualities with the athletes: It's quick, light and nimble. There were lots of possibilities, but we settled on the sparrow, because we want the sparrow to be associated with Moscow and with athletics," said the general secretary of the Russian athletics federation, Mikhail Butov.
It was chosen from more than 200 designs submitted by the public over the internet. Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium plays host to the championships from August 10-18, 2013.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology