Most Delhi hospitals lack fire NoC: Official
It is difficult to get fire NOC as the norms are very stringent said a top official of the Health Department.
New Delhi: Learning lessons from the devastating fire in a Kolkata hospital, Delhi government on Friday decided to upgrade fire safety measures in 37 hospitals run by it most of which do not have the mandatory NOC from the fire department.
A top official of the Health Department said most of the government run hospitals in the city do not have the no objection certificate from the fire department.
"It is difficult to get fire NOC as the norms are very stringent," he said, adding that the issue was reviewed and instructions have been issued to upgrade the fire safety measures.
Delhi Government runs 37 major hospitals besides nearly 200 dispensaries.
The Health department official said it was the responsibility of the PWD to procure the NOC from the fire department as the agency constructed all the hospital buildings and incharge of maintaining them.
A senior official of the PWD said the agency has reviewed the issue following the fire tragedy in a Kolkata hospital and resolved to get NOC from the Fire department.
"We are taking the issue very seriously. Instructions are being issued to get NOC from the fire department for all the hospitals," he said.
Meanwhile, Health Minister A K Walia inaugurated a newly constructed private ward and an extension of casualty block in Bhagwan Mahavir Hospital at Pitampura which also does not have NOC from the fire department.
"This is a serious issue and we are looking into it," Walia said when asked about it.
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole
- Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg Feeling the Pressure, Says Toto Wolff
- FBI, Homeland Security to Probe Cyber Attacks That Disrupted Twitter, Reddit, Spotify
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by Akhilesh
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Ecosystem, a National Priority: PM Modi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM