Mother, grandfather arrested for honour killing
The 20-year-old was murdered along with her 4-month-old son, allegedly by her family, for marrying her neighbour.
Bangalore: The police on Thursday night nabbed two prime accused in February suspected honour killing of KR Deepika at Thamasandra village in Kanakapura.
The arrested are Gowramma and Mooge Gowda, mother and grandfather of KR Deepika.
The 20-year-old was murdered along with her four-month-old son, allegedly by her family, for marrying her neighbour Venkatesh, who belongs to another caste.
Four other accused, including Deepika's father Ramakrishnaiah, uncle KV Venkatesh, aunt Padma, and another uncle Channabeere Gowda, are still absconding.
The accused, after the cremating the bodies, fled the village.
The police, who were tipped off that Gowramma and Gowda had sneaked back to the city by bus on Thursday night, arrested them.
Deepika was invited home on February 26, at midnight the mother and daughter had a row, which ended in Gowramma assaulting Deepika.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology